I haven’t written a blog in a while, so in honor of the last Harry Potter movies, I decided to share 15 of my sporadic thoughts about the series as a whole. Ready or not here they come.
1. My theory, Harry Potter is not the real star. I have never really liked Harry Potter the character, I pitied him, I didn't hate him. I just didn’t like him as much as I liked other characters. My favorite character in the series has always been Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore. I liked everything about Dumbledore, and even in the Deathly Hallows where his character was been defamed, I liked him more because it humanized him. Harry, to me has always just been a self-pitying character. Not just about his parents deaths, but about everything, from his friendships, to his studies, to his girl troubles, to his “curse” of having people be faithful to him. Dumbledore was pretty much responsible for Harry succeeding in every book, and even in every film. The Sorcerer’s Stone: He told Harry how to find it. Chamber of Secrets: His pet phoenix brought Harry the Sorting Hat that had the Sword of Gryffindor which he used to slay the Basilisk. Fawkes the Phoenix also heals Harry’s wounds with his tears. In The Prisoner of Azkaban: Tells Hermoine how to use the Time Turner to save the day. In the Goblet of Fire: Dumbledore saves Harry from Barty Crouch who was disguised as Mad-Eye Moody. In the Order of the Phoenix: Dumbledore defends him in court, he takes the fall for Harry forming ‘Dumbledore’s Army’, and then he defends Harry when Voldemort attacks him. In the Half-Blood Prince: Dumbledore reveals what Horcruxes are and that Harry must destroy them in order to defeat Voldemort for good. He also stuns Harry so he doesn’t do anything stupid and hides him from Death Eaters with the cloak of invisibility. Finally in the Deathly Hallows: Dumbledore’s gifts to Harry, Ron, and Hermoine help them all get what they need to successfully defeat the Dark Lord. Dumbledore also gives Harry advice from the grave at King’s Cross. For these reasons I believe that Dumbledore is the real star of the Harry Potter series and I believe that the books should all be re-named “Harry Potter’s Adventures with Dumbledore”.
2. Harry and Ginny suck at naming babies. It’s just a fact.
3. Draco Malfoy isn’t really as evil as people think he is. He did try and protect Harry, Ron and Hermoine from Bellatrix. He did choose not to kill Dumbledore. I think in the end he isn’t all that bad.
4. Voldemort isn’t the most evil character in the series, Bellatrix Lestrange is. Voldemort only kills when he needs to or when he gets super ticked off. Bellatrix tortures people for fun, laughs and sings while doing it. She even tells Harry when he tries to use the Cruciatus Curse “…”. Voldemort wanted power Bellatrix merely wanted to have fun hurting others.
5. Dobby is the greatest house elf ever. Correction, the greatest FREE elf ever.
6. Hermoine should have become Hogwart’s Headmistress, she had to have been the smartest witch around.
7. Dumbledore was not gay, like JK Rowling said; he was obviously sleeping with Professor McGonagall. The way she attacked Snape when Harry revealed that Snape killed Dumbledore proves it. She didn’t even bother to ask if it was true. It was an assault of passion. That and in the Order of the Phoenix he sees her in her nightgown and doesn’t ask her “Why are you in your nightgown professor? This is inappropriate.” He was thinking “Oh my here she comes, back for more of my magic.”
8. The Harry Potter is essentially the gospel but with magic instead of miracles.
9. (Just some questions) Why do all of the witches and wizards in the U.K. all go to Hogwarts? Wouldn’t it get overcrowded? Where did Hagrid’s half-brother go in the last movie? If Voldemort really hated Dumbledore why did he let Dumbledore’s body rest in peace? Did anyone else notice that Harry and Voldemort are distant cousins?
10. I would hate if J.K. Rowling tried to write another Harry Potter novel. She can write more books, even more books in the same world, just not about him. His saga needs to end. Seven books and eight movies are enough. But if she was to write a book series about Dumbledore that would be another thought entirely.
11. If anyone wants to get me a present, a room modeled after the Headmaster’s Office would be nice.
12. Harry Potter >Twilight. Anyone who says different needs mental help.
13. Nagini is probably the creepiest, yet simultaneously amazing pets ever(besides Fawkes). She understands English, how to disguise herself as a human and trick Harry Potter and Hermoine into following her. She is perfect for disposing of Voldemort’s enemies. And she is a back-up soul carrier.
14. If the Forbidden Forest is really forbidden, why wasn’t a fence built around it? There’s no keep out sign, or trench, to get there all one does is keep walking. Why is the only Forbidden Forest right next to a school where any unsuspecting first-year could accidently wander in it?
15. I want to go to Oxford, because a lot of the Harry Potter movies were filmed in part on its campus.