Monday, December 27, 2010

All Things Even Courage

       
And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus”.
-Philippians 4:19


         In early spring I attended a Missions conference and it was super amazing, it was during this time that I began to have a lot about myself revealed to me and not in the most of fun ways. It was on a Saturday, the second day of the conference and it was a time for worship, the band was playing one of my favorite worship songs, “I will Exalt Thee” by Hillsong, I was moved as the words “I will not fear…” were sang. It was at that time that the Holy Spirit convicted me of living in fear and not completely following the Father’s call because of fears that I was harboring. I went to the front to be prayed for and the gentleman that prayed for me told me not to live in fear, but to live in Christ. (Or something like that)I prayed that God would provide a way for me to stop living in fear and to start following Him. 
         Afterwards, I went onto to a break-out session on “Power Evangelism” and I decided, with my friends Taylor Epps and Giles Dearman to go and sit in the front for maximum retention of what was being taught. Being the (very) social people that the three of us are we turned around to meet the people sitting behind us, my new-found friend Jamey Atchley was sitting to the left and to the far right his younger sister Adrienne, who introduced herself, in-between them sat their cousin,  named Courage. Yes, his name was Courage, I didn’t believe it myself at first, but courage means (according to dictionary.com): “the quality of mind or spirit that enables a person to face difficulty, danger, pain etc., without fear; bravery”. I took this to be a little joke God had played on me, but then I realized that like the old hymn says “All I have need of His hand will provide”, God was showing me that He will provide all of my needs, everything, even Courage.